Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:08 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: December.... Really?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:36 am 
Noxius

This is a horrible first post.... apologies

Well we've chewed up a good portion of the summer now...

Still no play test mailings... yes this thread (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=152) says sometime in July... we can only hope

No current update (has been 4 weeks since update #46 on Kickstarter) on how the sculpting is going... 33 sculpts, 27 remaining i think.

I hate to be a downer but does it really look like this will be delivered by December... or January?

Fingers crossed...

On another note:
Why does the gamer/miniatures community and this forum seem to be so silent about this game?
Am I missing another place where conversations and updates are going on?

Post subject: Re: December.... Really?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:14 am 
Crudus

Here's also an update, posted in the comments-section of the kickstarter:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/159 ... 0/comments

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:33 am 
Noxius

As a note

84 percent of kickstarters are delayed.

Combination of things that happen.

From chatting with various kickstarter creators

more contributors than expected.
Manufacturing issues. Be it the manufacturer led them the wrong way or put their order on the back burner for bigger customers.
Rookies experiencing issues that veteran companies can deal with easily.
delays between creative team and artists.

Unfortunate as it is, I see the game being delayed. But would rather have a delayed quality product in front of my door step than a rushed product that will be terrible forever.

It is the internet, and having contributed to MANY kickstarters all of which were delayed except one, I expect a lot of hyperbole and 1st world problem posts.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:23 am 
Noxius

Ashur wrote:
As a note

84 percent of kickstarters are delayed.

Combination of things that happen.

From chatting with various kickstarter creators

more contributors than expected.
Manufacturing issues. Be it the manufacturer led them the wrong way or put their order on the back burner for bigger customers.
Rookies experiencing issues that veteran companies can deal with easily.
delays between creative team and artists.

Unfortunate as it is, I see the game being delayed. But would rather have a delayed quality product in front of my door step than a rushed product that will be terrible forever.

It is the internet, and having contributed to MANY kickstarters all of which were delayed except one, I expect a lot of hyperbole and 1st world problem posts.

I agree, better a bit late (and still great) than on time and sub-par... I have too many things on my modelling/painting table as is, so a delay won't be the end of the world for me... If we get the rules soon we can start building community excitement for this game as well, I feel this will start to increase the activity around this forum and the interwebs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:16 am 
Noxius

I think there is lots of time to get the minis going and out, though maybe I am over optimistic.

The thing that worries me personally is the thought of a 1 month long beta with a bunch of minis that they never fully fleshed out. This game has so much potential to be really well balanced and I think if they give us more time to play around with the models we could help them make something very awesome. If the game isn't going to ship until end of december at the earliest that could let the beta go on at least until the beginning of November.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:09 pm 
Noxius

Did you not read the delivery date when you hit "give RRG money for Arena Rex Kickstarter"?

This was one of those "send money, forget until emails start arriving" things for me, and i still can't wait for December.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:57 am 
Noxius

July is not over yet :)

I would rather have some incomplete playtest rules than further waiting. They will change anyway before release, so just give us what you have!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:19 pm 
Crudus

From the Kickstarter-Comments:

Quote:
Red Republic Games 4 days ago
Playtest rules will be out before the end of July. Sorry for the wait, we ended up funding over double the number of models we thought we anticipated so a lot of partially developed "expansion" models and rules have needed to be fleshed out as they are now part of the initial release. We initially thought the game would launch with only Ludus Magnus. Clearly we underestimated your enthusiasm!
In other news-
Otho master is now in hand and we are sending it off for initial production casts.
Sven's sculpt is 95% finished.
Initial metal armatures for Urien (James Van Schaik) and Vargr (Sebastian Archer) approved.
Bad/Other Nick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:06 pm 
Noxius

And so begins yet another Kickstarter failed to meet the deadlines thread. :lol:

When will people learn that Kickstarter is not Amazon? That for the most part they are paying for the DEVELOPMENT of a game, and not just to buy something off a warehouse shelf.

The success of a game will so often (84% of the time apparently) create a delay in the meeting of the delivery date.

As RRG have stated the success required twice as many sculpt to be developed than they had allowed for. Allowed for. That means that they expected to have to develop some new sculpts, beyond what was already planned, but considerably more than they could have anticipated.

If they do make the December deadline I will be more shocked than excited, but I won't be bitching if they run into spring next year for delivery.

I paid to allow for the development of what looks an excellent game dynamic, and not to just get a discount off RRP (although that is nice too :)).

If I'd wanted a cheap copy I would have just picked it up off Amazon or another online retailer next year.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:35 am 
Crudus

Totally agree with you. Don't understand the whole complaining either, though I am also waiting for the game already.
Checking the kickstarter page at least three times a day and the forum as often as that. Nevertheless: I kept being realistic about the kickstarter and so should everyone else. Good things need time :). And Rome wasn't build in a day.