Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:38 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:45 pm 
Noxius

Had a lot of fun testing the rules tonight but we had a few thoughts on the rules and abilities so far (more than happy to hear people disagree but please keep it civil...):

- 'Noxii' is too good (for the model that destroyed it..). It should generate 2 favour.

- 'Aegus of Fame' shouldn't require the spending of a favour dice on a Power Attack.

- Models should get a free 'Opportunity Attack' (no fatigue cost) against models leaving their melee range unless they're exhausted. Far too much walking off from combat.

- Micons' pushes (and his follow-up moves) should be 2". He's quite an anticlimax at the moment.

- You should gain a favour dice when you kill an opponents model (2 from pits & spikes).

- Favour dice shouldn't get rerolled during Power Attacks. It's far too powerful.

- Damage should be caused everytime a model is pushed into hazards even if already in contact.

- Might want to try increasing the vitality tracks throughout the game. Models die very quickly at times and with an increased track you could then introduce mechanics to reduce Attack / Defence dice with damage.

- The game not only works in multiplayer but it's a lot better! More fun and the tactical options and decisions greatly increase!

Thoroughly enjoyed every game but the one where we concentrated on reactions was by far the best.

Can't wait until me next game and as I mentioned in me other thread the possibilities of the game and the scope it could (will...) acheive is very exciting. Great to be here at the start!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:42 am 
Noxius

agree with everything besides aegus of fame.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:32 am 
Noxius

BiggusDickus wrote:
- Micons' pushes (and his follow-up moves) should be 2". He's quite an anticlimax at the moment.

As I understand it you can move to the side of the pushed model with the momentum ability so that you can better "aim" your pushes. If Micon would push 2" and follow up 2" you could only push in a line.

BiggusDickus wrote:
- You should gain a favour dice when you kill an opponents model (2 from pits & spikes).

The idea behind favour on the vitality tracks is to give the player an option to catch up. Gaining an extra favour with every kill would give the allready leading player an even bigger advantage. Also it would indirectly nerf the killer ability.

BiggusDickus wrote:
- Favour dice shouldn't get rerolled during Power Attacks. It's far too powerful.

I agree it's very strong, but in my opinion the 2 successes are the real problem.
Maybe try the following: Favour dice ALLWAYS reroll but generate only 1 success. (I will try this myself the next time I play)

Just my 2 cents :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:25 am 
Noxius

Nekratal wrote:
BiggusDickus wrote:

As I understand it you can move to the side of the pushed model with the momentum ability so that you can better "aim" your pushes. If Micon would push 2" and follow up 2" you could only push in a line.

Good point.

In that case his push should be 2" and his follow up should be 3".

He won't do a lot of damage but at least this way he'll actually throw an opponent around (we found the average score on the damage track is about 3 boxes).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:30 am 
Noxius

Nekratal wrote:
BiggusDickus wrote:
BiggusDickus wrote:

I agree it's very strong, but in my opinion the 2 successes are the real problem.
Maybe try the following: Favour dice ALLWAYS reroll but generate only 1 success. (I will try this myself the next time I play)

This works better than my suggestion (damn you!) as it is more intuitive in a game play sense. You're not having to isolate your favor dice when you roll and can happily throw them along with your normal dice and not cause confusion.
Nice and simple.

(You'd have to change the wording to 're-roll misses' though, you know what us gamers are like with RAW... ;) )