Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:07 am 
Noxius

**Posted this in general discussion then thought it might be better placed here. Please delete/lock this thread if this was the wrong thing to do! :oops: **

There's been quite a lot of discussion regarding force selection on the forum and I've put some thought into it myself.

There's a few things I have issue with at the moment both with current rules and the options suggested:
- I have an issue with the 'single Ludus' suggestion as I find it far too limiting for such a small skirmish game
- I really don't like the idea of multiple 'named' characters in the same game. I feel it encourages the power gamer and it just seems wrong...
- My own suggestion of randomly determined models was too demanding on the wallet!

Anyway, I've come up with the following idea for force selection and would welcome any feedback:

Players roll a D6 after terrain has been placed, re-rolling any drawn results.
The player that rolls highest then chooses his first gladiator from those that he/she owns.
The player that rolled the next highest then chooses their first gladiator from those that they own but cannot choose a gladiator that has already been chosen.
In the case of multiple player games the next player selects a gladiator (not previously selected) and so on until all players have selected a gladiator.
The player that rolled highest then selects another gladiator (again, not one already taken) and so on until everyone has chosen the full allowance of gladiators.

This process eliminates the multplie named character problem and severly restricts the power gaming selection (If a player takes gladiator 'A' that combines so well with gladiator 'B' then the other player(s) has the option to deny them the choice by selecting it themselves)

Obviously there would have to be further rules to allow for large, multil-player games. But I think this suggestion could really work.

Thought?