Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Sven Suggestion
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:20 pm 
Noxius

Ok so here's how Sven is described:

Quote:
A patient warrior who favors maneuvering around his opponents and exhausting them before closing in for the kill, Sven treats even his human foes more like dangerous predators than proper enemies. He prefers to keep his opponents at bay with the reach of his spear and sword, trusting in his reflexes and theprecision of his strikes to ward him more surely than armor or a shield. Hard hours of training and focused preparation from childhood ensure that his sister Frigge has a constant rival for any title within the ludus.

I've bolded the words and phrases that pop out to me.

Now looking at his card, I think there's a little disparity.

Disengage and Reposition reflects him "keeping his opponents at bay" and "maneuvering around" them. That's fine.
Swift relates to his "reflexes and precision" so that works too.

But how does Berserk relate to "patient" and how does Armour 1 reflect his blatent disregard for protection?

On top of that I think Sven has been consistently effective rather too often, not only with swift and berserk, but his reliably high damage output. I think the disparity in his character gives us an opportunity to address his issues and maybe make him a little less of an auto include.

Here's my suggestion:

Reduce Armour to 0.
Remove Berserk.

Add (unnamed ability): When this model ends a Reposition unengaged it may continue to apply the effects of any damage boxes below the Reposition.

Change his Damage Tree to:

First - Push
Second - Reposition
Third (Right) - 3
Fouth Right - 3
Third (Left) - 2
Fouth (Left - Fatigue Up
Fifth (Left) - Fatigue Up

I had thought about replacing Disengage with precise and reducing him to Attack 4, but that's a bit much.

Now the ability to Reposition and get all your damage boxes is a big plus, which is why I changed the pushes, as it seemed odd him being push someone several times from that distance. He still has a reliable damage output (combined with his reposition and swift), but it's a little less whereas his other damage track is a lot more tempting and in line with his character.

What do you think?