Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:53 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Base contact with a pit
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:34 pm 
Noxius

So as the rules stand, the moment a model's base touches a lethal hazard, such as a pit, they're destroyed.

Now I wasn't a big fan of that with regards to pushes, but I've come to accept it. However, the thought of being unengaged, slowly walking into base contact with a pit which somehow leads to my instant death just doesn't sit right. I think Lethal Hazards should be the same as other Hazards, and require the model to be pushed rather than suffering the irritation of "touch and your dead".

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:21 pm 
Noxius

I think in your example that would be a person approaching a pit, not entering it. In the tabletop it would be representative of a mini approaching a pit, but not actually touching it. Plus, even if not engaged its a combat situation. Running up to the edge of pit in the dirt with sand along the top and trying to hang ten real quick is probably a recipe for disaster.

It might be a modeling thing too. Were using Index cards with stuff drawn on them for proxy terrain, but we're only counting the actual pit part of the terrain. I think if you the pit is defined as the actual deep area, not any rocky, sandy or trimmed border its fine. But maybe that's an okay thing to clarify before the final book, especially if sections like terrain or setup are fleshed out for the final product.