Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:59 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Morituri: Toth
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:19 am 
Noxius

After a first test with Moriturin there is some questions that bother me :

Libra says when you initiate a clear turn you can choose to gain or lose 1 favor. So is it in this case the really first thing you do or not ? Can I choose to lose a favor that I haven't ?
Morituri have the tactic bleed wich gives 2 favor for 2 vitality can I use it before or after Libra ?

So for exemple my oppenent have 1 favor and me zero:
1) I choose too lose one favor (wich I haven't), my oppenent lose his favor and me nothing and after I use Bleed to gain 2 favors
2) I Bleed a friendly gladiator and after I use Libra, we lose 1 favor my oppenent and me and in the end i've got only one favor.

Necrosis says all models within 3" gain 1 fatigue, is it really all models ? or is there a typo and it is all ennemy models ? If there is no typo Necrosis is double edged.

Post subject: Re: Morituri: Toth
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:11 am 
Noxius

I'd say yes. It's the first thing you do because you do it immediately when initiating a clear turn. You're essentially setting the other player's Favour as well so you can live dangerously and have an extra point or you can be stingy and limit your opponent's resources. Then you could use Bleed if you wanted to :).

I don't think you could lose favour that you haven't got 'though. You could simple opt to neither gain nor lose one then still reset the balance although simply giving yourself 1, taking 1 away from your opponent, then using Bleed to gain some more would be good enough.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:15 am 
Noxius

The ability says when you initiate a clear turn so I would interpret that as happening the moment your clear turn starts and thus before everything else. Operations wise your clear turn would look like:

1)Check model fatigue and declare clear turn
2)Use Libra
3)Modify fatigue levels
4)Use any tactics you wish to use (ie. bleed)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:56 pm 
Founder of the Republic

lizrrdbreath wrote:
The ability says when you initiate a clear turn so I would interpret that as happening the moment your clear turn starts and thus before everything else. Operations wise your clear turn would look like:

1)Check model fatigue and declare clear turn
2)Use Libra
3)Modify fatigue levels
4)Use any tactics you wish to use (ie. bleed)

This is correct.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:57 pm 
Founder of the Republic

Necrosis is indeed all models.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:40 am 
Noxius

Can I use Necrosis when I'm already Fatigued/Exhausted?

i.e. I move Toth to engage my enemy and he reaction moves away, then I move Toth again for 1 fatigue to engage him again. May I now use Necrosis although I'm already Fatigued and therefore still only end up Exhausted?

If yes then could I even squeeze an attack in between for another fatigue level? Since I end my activation only when I exceed the Exhausted state not when I reach the Exhausted state. Although I think it was meant reaching Exhausted state because you can't ever exceed the Exhausted state.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:26 pm 
Founder of the Republic

No you may never take actions or use abilities such that they would fatigue a model beyond the exhausted state.

Post subject: Re: Morituri: Thoth
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:32 am 
Noxius

I realize this topic is three years old, but it's the best thread in which to ask. The "may" on Libra is in the sentence about gaining or losing Favor dice. The next says, "Then all players gain or lose Favor..."

Since this says "may", is the entire Libra ability optional? If I'm playing Thoth and ahead in Favor when I start a clear turn, may I choose not to gain or lose Favor, and thus not suddenly give all other players the same amount?

Or is this the overly long and complex version of it?

When the controller of this model initiates a clear turn, they may gain or lose 1 Favor. (So they can stay where they are, if they wish, as may means optional) Regardless of whether the controller decides to modify their Favor pool, all players will gain or lose Favor until they equal this model's controller's Favor.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:44 am 
Crudus

They way I read it and the way I have been playing it is that those two sentences are independent clauses. There is no "if" to that "then" so it doesn't seem to be conditional, but simply sequential, as in the "then" statement takes place after the controller gains or loses favor, if they do.
I am not sure if my interpretation is the intended one, but I think it makes the game more interesting when Thoth is on the field. I find it makes both players run through favors more quickly as your opponent knows that if you have favor there's a chance they'll be replenished during your clear turn.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:05 pm 
Noxius

Interpreting things as literally as possible (which is the pattern in AR), if you have Thoth then the favor loss or gain is mandatory