Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:40 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:36 am 
Noxius

So I have a question about Berserk. At the start of a Turn can I remove an existing Fatigue from Sven and then activate him, bypassing the Turn Structure Step 1 rule stating a model that removed Fatigue cannot activate?

As written it says Berserk: This model may activate while in the Fatigued or Exhausted states. In addition, once per activation, this model may pay 1 Favor and suffer 3 damage instead of gaining a Fatigue. This leads me to believe that I could active Sven even if he started the turn with a Fatigue token.

Am I reading this correctly?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:43 am 
Noxius

Doc_Shiny wrote:
So I have a question about Berserk. At the start of a Turn can I remove an existing Fatigue from Sven and then activate him, bypassing the Turn Structure Step 1 rule stating a model that removed Fatigue cannot activate?

As written it says Berserk: This model may activate while in the Fatigued or Exhausted states. In addition, once per activation, this model may pay 1 Favor and suffer 3 damage instead of gaining a Fatigue. This leads me to believe that I could active Sven even if he started the turn with a Fatigue token.

Am I reading this correctly?

This has been clarified on the forums previously : (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=33917&hilit=berserk)

3. Step 1 of the turn structure specifically prohibits activating the model from which you are removing the fatigue. In your example Sven is no longer Fatigued after the removal, but is nevertheless unable to activate because of Step 1's restriction.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:02 pm 
Viridis

I always think of a turn as having two steps resolved in chronological order.

1. Remove fatigue from a model.
2. Activate a model, which cannot be the same model you chose in step 1.

The Berserk rule says that in step 2, you can choose to activate a model that is fatigued or exhausted, which you normally cannot. But Berserk says nothing about the "cannot be the same model you chose in step 1" restriction. That restriction has nothing to do with current fatigue level. It is its own special restriction, which to my knowledge can only so far be deactivated by the Last Man Standing rules.

So if you want to activate Sven that turn, the way to do it would be to not remove fatigue from him.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:25 pm 
Viridis

Though I can understand the question. The way it is presented in the book, it seems a bit like "you can't activate that model this turn since it was fatigued at the start of the turn and it still counts as fatigued". And if that was the sole reason, then it makes sense that Berserk should override it. But based on the previous ruling, the restriction is a separate rule, and not based on them still counting as fatigued.