Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:20 pm 
Noxius

Hey guys. I literally stumbled onto your video on youtube a few days ago and ever since then I've been researching, reading, and getting more excited than should be allowed for this game. I am truly and literally obsessed. What an amazing system. What an amazing world. What an amazing game! All the hats I have are off to you guys for creating such a solid game and especially being so conscious about future-proofing your rules. Seeing that as a concern of yours is so very encouraging. With that said, as a new player who knew nothing going in except what I saw in the gameplay video, I have some questions. Some of them might be obvious. A lot of my other questions were easily solved by closely reading the rules (awesome!). So, I apologize if these answers are obvious. I'm trying to see the rules from the perspective of a complete noob. So far so good :)

So, with that said, here are my questions:
  • Exhausted:
    Video shows all fatigue and exhaustion comes off. Books say that 1 fatigue comes off.
    • Disengage:
      Says the model may choose to make a free move action. Since this action is technically on the opponents turn (is it?) wouldn't it be a free movement reaction? Or since it's technically outside of the movement reaction trigger would it be something else? Or is a free movement action different from the "free movement action" that activated units take at the beginning of their turn?
      • Intercept:
        I guess the same kind of question applies to Intercept, although, it's completely clear how it should be resolved. I guess the main question is "Can special abilities allow you to take Actions on your opponents turn" or is there a 3rd class of things (Actions, Reactions, Free Actions?) that can happen at any time and are triggered by abilities.
        • Titans:
          I saw where Titans don't count towards your 75%. I know you guys are still working on this one but just to clarify, in 3v3 you could take Euryale and Urbicus and still get the benefits for Ludus Magnus.
          • Morituri Benefits:
            All of the other Ludui restrict their benefits to models within their Ludus. Morituri does not. If that is intentional, no worries. However, I wanted to point it out in case it was unintentional.
            • Momentum:
              Please correct me if I'm wrong but the main benefit for Momentum is the disregard for the push result penalty on larger based models since the only time you could use the 2 inch follow-up movement is if the push [>] that triggered it killed the model. Otherwise you would run into the pushed model 1 inch away and stop your movement, correct?
              • Agile:
                Can a model with Agile stop on a 30mm model and displace it?
                • Constrict:
                  Does that damage ignore ARM since it isn't Attack Damage?
                  • Can you counterattack a living hazard?
                    • Stall:
                      Just making sure that you can stall an enemy model that starts it's activation inside your model's 3 inches as well as if the enemy model starts its activation outside your model's 3 inches.
                      • Living Hazard:
                        Similarly, if a model starts outside of a living hazard's 3 inch radius and is pushed into it, that model activates the living hazard and is attacked. If the model starts inside of the living hazard's 3 inch radius, does the living hazard still attack. We've been playing it that way. I just wanted to make sure.
                        • Ok, this last one is pretty crazy. And the answer is completely intuitive, but the way the text is currently written could lead to problems with the folks that look for loopholes.

When does Berserk trigger? For instance let's say there is this scenario where Vargr activates then takes three move actions, exhausting himself. Then Aemilia, being in range, fatigues to take a movement reaction and intercept.

Since Intercept says that Aemilia makes an attack and exhausted says that when an attack is declared against an exhausted model all of the bonuses trigger, could Vargr trigger his ability between Aemilia declaring an attack and Aemilia's controller rolling the dice so that the exhausted state is removed and Aemilia doesn't get the bonuses.

Or is the whole thing moot because the attack that Aemilia is declaring doesn't trigger exhausted's benefits.

----

Ok. That's all I have after two days of playing and (believe me when I say) constantly thinking about this game! I'm playing again tomorrow (we're going to be drinking watered wine and eating Roman themed food while we play) with another group who went crazy about this game a day after I mentioned it to them in passing. Great signs all around. You all are doing an amazing, amazing job. I'm excited for the release but please don't rush or sacrifice quality. We'll be here no matter when it comes out!