Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:39 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:54 pm 
Viridis

Agreed. I think if stopping Spite repeating over and over was a goal, the best way to do it would be a blanket rule that you cannot activate an effect associated with the same vitality box being checked more than once per activation (whether friendly or enemy activation). That would also stop any other potential loop shenanigans involving damaging and healing the same vitality box over and over.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:54 pm 
Crudus

But I️ don’t think the goal would be to just stop Spite from activating multiple times due to other things triggering. It would just be to prevent the potential (albeit improbable) multiple resuscitation effects of combining Spite and Consume Essence.

Mind you, I️ don’t think it’s really likely enough to be an issue, I️ was just saying that could solve that specific perceived problem if it turns out to be a real concern.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:24 am 
Viridis

RidiQles wrote:
But I️ don’t think the goal would be to just stop Spite from activating multiple times due to other things triggering. It would just be to prevent the potential (albeit improbable) multiple resuscitation effects of combining Spite and Consume Essence.

Sure, but the only possible way that Spite can activate multiple times in the same activation is if the vitality box containing Spite is healed, so that it can be damaged again. Whether it is specifically Consume Essence or some other healing effect that is enabling the loop seems irrelevant to me - surely if one is undesirable, then the other one would be too.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:20 am 
Crudus

You can also trigger Spite through Morituri’s Cleopatra’s Gist or through Tiet-Khebi’s Asari or through Thoth’s Scythe.

Healing alone cannot have you retrigger Spite since it is in the last vitality square, so you have to die for it to trigger.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:41 pm 
Viridis

True enough. My suggestion was also only meant to apply when the box is actually triggered by damage, not by a friendly special rule.

I'd basically like it if Ur-Kek could Spite-heal once per turn, but not over and over again in the same turn.

Not only once per game like Gaius.