Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:14 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Gaius and Pits
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:23 pm 
Noxius

So what happens if Gaius is pushed into a pit? The action is resolved, he dies, but is then healed 1 Vitality. Since he's in the pit where does his model get placed? Or do pits override his ability?

Post subject: Re: Gaius and Pits
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:40 pm 
Noxius

He actually is destroyed twice, I think. He's destroyed (first part of falling in a pit), then he loses all of his health (next part of falling in a pit), so I don't think they need to make any special clarification?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:44 pm 
Noxius

I don't take "If any part of a model’s base touches a pit, that model is destroyed. Mark any remaining vitality boxes and resolve their effects (if any). Then remove the model from play. Any additional successes after a model is pushed into a pit are lost." to mean that the model is destroyed twice. They are destroyed, fill in the boxes to show they have no more vitality. This situation, as it stands, is muddy. So Giaus goes into a pit, he loses all vitality. Then his ability goes into effect. He comes back with 1 vitality. I, personally, think that due to the nature of the death, that should invalidate his ability. Its easy enough to stay away from pits. Or maybe he should have to roll for it or burn favor.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:51 pm 
Founder of the Republic

Gaius' ability would save him from the pit and he would be brought back at 1 vitality, but he would still be in the pit and would immediately be destroyed again.

The part about "Any additional successes after a model is pushed into a pit are lost." is basically saying you can't push a model into a pit and then keep resolving down the damage tree to say Reposition or gain a Favor or trigger a special result like Tiet-Khebi's Asari.