Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Re: Morituri: Zahra
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:17 am 
Founder of the Republic

Till wrote:
If Zahra engages an enemy, but the enemy doesn't engage her, can she use Re-position to remove a Fatigue from her at the end of her activation?

Yes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:14 am 
Noxius

Our playtesting has proven Zahra to be perhaps the most powerful model in the game at this time, as she can power attack from outside of engagement range, which lets her go back to fatigued. which means she can power attack every other turn ( with such huge range and the ability to not be exhausted unless you want to be exhausted, she was able to pit two gladiators without breaking a sweat)

She's consistantly been the biggest cause of death in the game, through pits and spikes, and we aren't even playing with a lot of terrain features yet. It seems like there may be a limitation missing from her card somewhere, but I can't figure out what it is. as is, she is by far a better pusher/thrower than Micon, with (even given his size advantage) the same number of potential pushes, but, in any direction, and she can power attack with impunity, as she can reposition and remain engaging without being engaged. She also has a damage box, unlike Micon.

Some ideas we've come up with (any one of them seems like it would bring her in line with the other gladiators)

1: replace the reposition with a fatigue up (my personal favorite, though she still has by far the easiest time pitting gladiators)
2: reduce reach to 2 or 3 inches
3: make it so you are limited to directly towards or directly away from Zahra with the Lash, rather than any direction
4: include LOS rules for her specifically.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:17 pm 
Noxius

I do not know if my suggestion would be as good as Alchahest. He's given several options.

How about a minimum range for her primary weapon to continue to receive the benefit it gives?
In essence that is what her longer engagement range does now.
If she can keep you at a distance then she gets the benefit.
Seems that if you close in on her then some of that benefit should go away.

Regardless of rules I'm not sure how she holds both a whip and a large weapon and uses them both effectively. She should be carrying a knife instead of a spear as a secondary weapon. The spear is taller than she is but she is holding it with one hand. Plus her whip has a weighted end.

The only thing I've found is that although she is pretty fast movement-wise she rarely needs to move as much as other gladiators.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:56 pm 
Noxius

Anyone else have any input about Zahra?

1: While using her, have you noticed that she seems to be at a large advantage vs other gladiators?
2: While playing against her, what difficulties have you faced?