Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:25 am 
Noxius

So when you are in past man standing can you split your tactics before and after the activation (or in the kisses for that matter)?

Example: ur-Kek in LMS. He uses the Offering tactic to gain +2 [favor] . Can he then make a standard attack followed by Ceopatras gift or Maneuver tactics?

Can he make a normal move, followed by maneuver tactic, followed by standard attack?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:14 am 
Crudus

Hmmm. I had always just assumed that you did your "clear turn" first and did your "activation" after... I was already drafting a response to that effect, but then I looked more closely at the rules and it doesn't specify any order... It just says (PDF, pg 5) "The remaining model removes all fatigue and may activate as part of the clear turn."

So my guess is the you activate after your clear turn activities, otherwise I feel it may become too powerful... but there is nothing that says that in the rules (that I can see).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:31 am 
Noxius

My confusion is it is a part of the clear turn. I have currently been Interpeting it as I have to either activate or use tactics, then I can do the other but not interrupting either

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:42 pm 
Viridis

True, it's hard to read the intent here. The way I read it though, a clear turn consists of removing fatigue, and then a number of options. During LMS, one of those options is "activate your model". The other options are mainly the tactics.

So I would say you can activate Tactic 1, then activate your model fully, then use Tactic 2. But you can't activate your model, take an action, then interrupt its activation to use a tactic, and then continue to take more actions.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:52 pm 
Noxius

I don't understand how there is confusion on this. It is extremely clear

"Each turn under the Last Man Standing condition is considered a clear turn with the following exceptions: The remaining model removes all fatigue and may activate immediately at the end of the clear turn"

You do your clear turn and then activate, there is no splitting it up.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:09 am 
Viridis

Well, there has been errata to this specific issue since the question was posed, because the question was asked.

I refer you to this thread, which is where most of the discussion was: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38443&start=10

And RRGs conclusion was:

According to the current wording, last man standing is no-holds-barred in terms of timing. The wording for last man standing will change to "...the remaining model removes all fatigue, and may activate at the end of the clear turn." This restricts the clear turn to the first portion of the turn, which should mitigate some of the order of operations issues.