Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Wild! (rules question)
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:43 pm 
Noxius

I've a couple of questions regarding the use of beasts, particularly involving the "Wild" tag.

1: "During its cohort's clear turn, a Beast must attempt to attack the nearest model. The beast does not gain a fatigue to make this attack. It cannot be upgraded to a power attack. If the Beast is not in melee range it will move up to its MOV to engage the nearest model, and will move around terrain and other models to do so, if necessary." I don't think it's possible to have to move around a model to engage a nearer model - wouldn't the model being moved around satisfy the "nearest model" portion of the rule?

2: Mounts outside of Caho-Ta, don't have the "Bonded" rule on thier cards. Will Sereqet or Nero make attacks in the clear turn? Will they target Zahra and Septimus?

thanks!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:11 am 
Noxius

No1, you measure to see who's the closest then you try to get to them, this may take you past others. Ie they are 2" away behind a wall so to get them you have to go 4" round but 3.5" away is another model

No 2, on pg 13 it says mounts won't make wild! attacks against their rider when he rider is mounted. I'd take this as saying at any other time they are a valid target

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:11 am 
Founder of the Republic

Dismounted riders are a valid target.
Originally, Hroka's bonded ability was going to single her out as an invalid target. But we thought giving the controlling player a choice about whether to make the wild attack would make the ability slightly more useful.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:24 am 
Noxius

I guess the remaining question is why the callout to moving around models if needed for the wild attack - I guess this is for models like hermes where there's a cost associated with attacking that can't be paid (if for example you've already used 2 favor), then they'd have to move around hermes, and attack the next closest?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:08 pm 
Founder of the Republic

1. Currently it shouldn't become necessary in the case of models. This is mainly just future-proofing... ;)
Also, Aegis of Fame only affects Gladiator models.

2. Yes, and yes. Bulls and scorpions aren't as even-tempered as horses.