Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:55 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:11 am 
Viridis

I can see on the RRG site that there was a new FAQ and errata document out in July 2018. http://www.redrepublicgames.com/Docs/Ru ... 180723.pdf

I don't remember there being any announcement or discussion of this at all. But Walker has been kind enough to highlight new additions in yellow, so I will just copy and paste the added text here for your convenience. A lot of it is stuff we have discussed on the forum in the last year.

Does a model counterattacking Ywain suffer the effects of Rebuff if they have net successes which don’t do enough damage to exceed his armor?
Yes. Rebuff does not require an attack action to be declared.

Does Mentulus (cannot spend favor, do not earn favor) stop abilities like Hot-Blooded (generate favor, add favor)?
No. Mentulus stops all voluntary abilities (earn, spend), but not compulsory abilities (generate, add)

When can Necrosis be used?
Necrosis is a special action that can only be used during Thoth’s activation.

Does Snare work against Wild attacks? What about Living Hazards?
Snare works against enemy models. This has been clarified below for living hazards. Wild attacks do not change affiliation in the course of a Wild attack, and are considered enemy models if their controller is your opponent.

Can nearby exhausted models reposition when Hroka triggers War Cry?
Yes, they do not need to declare an action, so this is fine.

Can they recover a fatigue?
No. Hroka is the only model with an activation to end; if she chooses to end her activation she can recover a fatigue.

Can Sereqet use Envenom on a counterattack?
Yes. Envenom does not require the declaration of an attack. It may also be used on Wild attacks, but because it requires a fatigue is not available to Sereqet when used as a living hazard.

When can Rampage be used?
Rampage is a special action that can only be used during Acerbus II’s activation.

Stheno treats an unsuccessful attack as though it had one net success. How does this interact with Retaliate, Sanction, etc.?
Stheno I always gets at least 1 net success when attacking. If she would have fewer, give her exactly as many as needed to end up with 1 net success.

In addition, there are some minor errata - mainly tidying up some stuff about which models are enemy models, errataing No Fate to be a tactic, and adding the Helleniki benefits to the rulebook.

I assume the next errata will have a fix to Theophania's teleporting assists. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:29 pm 
Crudus

thank you for posting this!