Arena Rex Forums

Arena Rex Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:58 pm 
Noxius

There's a faq in the Facebook group. I'm told it's not exactly official. Here's the link though:
https://m.facebook.com/groups/364183960 ... 0146042577

This answers a lot of the questions our group has. What's holding us/you back from making this official?

In general, we have a problem with Wild and the potential abuse. Wild happens ANYTIME in the clear phase. Here are a few things we consider abuses:

Using Maneuver to skirt your guys away so they're not closer (not too bad actually).
Using Maneuver on a mounted Gladiator to Wild on a specific target (cheesy).
On a Last Man Standing, you take your action I the middle of the clear turn. So you can start your turn, activate your beast, THEN go Wild (super cheesy).

I really think forcing Wild to be at the very beginning of the clear turn would help a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:42 pm 
Noxius

My concern with what is written in this FAQ is how intermingled it makes the LMS rule work with tactics and the like. How is it even appropriate that you can do tactics, your actions, and then follow up with more tactics? Or even just do tactics after your activation. There is so much you can abuse with this.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:49 pm 
Noxius

As far as LMS (last man standing), the FAQ isn't changing anything. It says the action is during the clear turn. Not first or last.

I think that should be fixed as well. Either no tactics, or tactics before the action only.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:19 am 
Viridis

So the clear turn rules say:

"During a clear turn you will not activate a model as normal. Instead each model in your cohort removes 1 fatigue, even if Exhausted. After you have removed fatigue, you may also use Tactics, riders may Mount or Dismount, and Beasts in the cohort go Wild. The order in which these occur is determined by to the active player."

So it reads to me like a clear turn always has two phases.

1. Remove fatigue.
2. Do all the other stuff you can do, in any order of your choosing. Which includes tactics, going wild, and activating your LMS.

And it sounds like you are having issues with being able to choose the order that you do all the other stuff in, that it seems cheesy and abusive to be able to use tactics before beasts going wild or after activating your LMS. Can you expand on that, explaining what about it seems cheesy or abusive?

Edit: Or... this forum seems to be specifically for FAQ and errata discussion. Let's take the actual rules discussion to one of the other forums, and leave this thread as being about the Facebook FAQ. I'll start a new thread.

Also, can someone upload that FAQ to somewhere not on Facebook? Like the AR wiki?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:23 am 
Noxius

Wishing,

This is how we've understood it and been playing a clear turn and a LMS. The basis of our concern stems from this unofficial FAQ that was posted. Apparently the contents of it are from answers in this forum and answers on the Facebook page.

As a preface, the group myself and Reece play with do not agree with that particular line in the FAQ (the LMS ruling). When looking at the LMS rule it does not say that this activation is a normal activation. The ENTIRE turn is a clear turn...so I can see how someone could arrive at the fact that you could perform things like tactics and wild attacks after your normal actions. Again, I dont agree with it as I see it opens up a lot of possibilities that would make the game unenjoyable.

As for Reece's comments about wild needing to be immediately at the beginning of a clear turn...I dont agree. I dont think its cheesy or too "gamey" to allow the controlling player to utilize tactics and mounting prior to the wild attack from happening. I feel if this were to change it would take a lot of power away from the player controlling the beast and would also make riders that much more unattractive. As it stands anyway, being able to pick and choose how and when a wild attack comes out is official and doesnt really need addressing in this thread.

Overall I think we are wanting some sort of official word about some of the stuff in this FAQ that was posted and some of the other topics that have started to pop up in the rules subforum. We can infer information all day long but unless we get an official word on some of this stuff we cannot be 100% sure.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:26 am 
Viridis

I would love official comments on the FAQ. I would also love to see the FAQ. :) How about attaching it to this thread? The forum allows you to upload attachments. If you do that, then we actually know what we are talking about. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:30 am 
Noxius

http://docdro.id/enWhlgj

Ive taken the FAQ and posted it here for people that cannot or would not like to view it on FB.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:31 am 
Noxius

I tried that first. But the forum doesn't allow PDFs as attachments.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:32 am 
Noxius

Reece wrote:
I tried that first. But the forum doesn't allow PDFs as attachments.

Try harder :D

Ive hosted it up above.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:23 am 
Noxius

Just read the whole thing and I kinda agree with everything. Seems like rules as written answers to most questions. I think the issue with beasts as last man standing is a for better or worse it just is what it is, similar to Gaius regaining two health every activation as last man standing

I also do fully agree during a clear turn the player tacking it chooses the actions following the clear fatigue