We want everyone to be comfortable here, and have some great discussion. To that end, here are some rules and guidelines:
- Maturity is expected of all users. If you are 13 years of age or under, you may not use and/or view the Arena Rex Forum. If you are 14 years of age or older, behave yourself.
- Don't mess with other users. Discussion is great, but don't post anything threatening, hateful, abusive, obscene, or illegal (duh).
- Don't mess with the Mods. They have been chosen because we trust their judgment -- if you have an issue with them, PM an administrator.
- Don't mess with the Administrators either. Frivolous PMs are uncool, and we will respond to them as such.
ban you if necessary. In most cases, warning will precede any other action, but bans may be immediate and/or permanent. We aren't trying to be jerks about it, but if you post something egregious (as determined by us) we'll stop it from happening again. Be cool.
- Post meaningful threads and comments. Spam is annoying. Sometimes "I agree" is all that's necessary, but try to add to the discussion when you can.
- Post stuff where it belongs. Sometimes discussion can wander, and that's fine, but posts may be moved if they are too far off topic.
- Post links for reference. With the history of the ancient world influencing so much of Arena Rex, there will inevitably be some matters of opinion. Back them up, when you can! That way everybody learns, or at least kills some time reading (hopefully) cool articles.
- Post with clear titles. If you have a question, it's easier for someone to answer that way. If you have a point you'd like to make, it will be clearer and more effective with a good title.
- Post in existing topics. If there is already a discussion that's going on about something, chime in there instead of creating a new thread.
- If you don't know, ask. Mods and Admins are here to help, and lots of community members will be happy to provide answers as well. The FAQ for phpBB can be found on the top left of the page if you have questions about the board software, and other FAQs can be found stickied in their relevant forums.
- Have fun!